[Remote] Senior Java DeveloperApply for this position
Are you an exceptionally strong, Senior-level developer with an independent mindset? Do you want to work remotely on challenging projects within a great community? Sounds like you’ll be a great fit for Clearview.
With us, you’ll actively drive code review and architecture choices as well as mentor our other engineers and be key in directing the evolution of our projects.
You’ll need to be:
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written (however: we don’t mind which version of the English language it is)
- A boss-level communicator: capable of expressing technical requirements, communicating technical strategies or blockers and addressing any issues and both reaching for and providing help when needed
- A fully proactive and self-directed time-management expert
What we expect of you:
- 5+ years of backend development experience in Java, Spring Boot & MySQL
- Experience using AWS technologies
- Experience using Docker
- A solid understanding of web technologies, relational databases, and object-oriented design
- Familiarity with agile and scrum methodologies and a highly collaborative atmosphere
- Familiarity or interest in creating software design documents
- Be willing to learn and try out new technologies quickly
- Solid foundation in testing & documenting code properly
It would be awesome if:
- You have experience with MongoDB
- Knowledge or interest in Kubernetes or Cloud Native solutions
- You have experience using node.js
- You have experience with OLAP databases like Snowflake/Redshift
We’re a remote-first, distributed software company with team members spread across the globe. We help startups and scaling companies build products and grow their engineering teams.
Why do people join Clearview? To make an impact. To grow as people and professionals. To enjoy schedule flexibility unlike anything they’ve ever experienced in a workplace. To be surrounded by developers who they can learn from. We are truly excited to be creating waves in an industry under transformation.
We bring Clearview teammates on as full-time contractors, but our list of benefits looks nothing like traditional contract freelancing. We offer all our teammates:
- Unparalleled flexibility of working hours -- which means operationalized family-first, soul-first values
- Paid skill expansion (so you can keep growing as you work with us).
- Coworking (or home office optimization) budget
- A local meet-up budget for our co-located teammates to hang out outside of work
- Annual summits, for company-wide face time
True innovation comes from an exchange of knowledge across all of our teams. To put people on the path to success, we nurture a culture built on trust, collaboration, and personal growth. You will often work independently, but when you’re working on a team it will be a small, feature-based, cross-functional team. One thing you can be certain of: You will be empowered to take ownership.